Along with painting myself into existence, I am joyfully introducing two of my grand children into the joys of acrylic abstract painting.
What amazed me as I started “guiding” them into acrylic painting was the many questions I asked of them as we moved along:
- What color do you want to use now?
- Where do you want me to place the color?
- How much of the paint do you want me to put out?
- Do you want it on the canvas or on the palette dish?
- Which brush do you want to use?
- How are you going to hold your brush?
- What kinds of marks are you going to make with the brush?
- Are we done yet?
And that was just one side of the decisions when we were doing collaborative art. I had to answer all of those questions for myself.
Maybe the question I should ask more is – what does the painting need right now to move forward?
I am loving this optimal ignorance experimenting while at the same time trying to teach/guide the grands.