I am often asked or beseeched or cursed at for not helping my product managers or product owners learn how to become a better product manager. Instead of trying to write a single blog post or write a book or develop course material, I am writing smaller bite sized chunks.
This page provides the organization if you want to read more about the role of product management. The real title for this section is Product Management in Small Doses.
The current organization of Product Management in Small Doses is:
- Value is Co-Created
- A Product is a Conversation
- A Product Produces Outcomes
- A Product has a North Star
- Observing Users for Software Development – Human Centered Design
- The Making of Enterprise Software
- The Other 90% of Software Product Development
- What does a good one look like?
- What could an old fart possibly know about technology?
- About Business and Product Development
- Metric Based Software Development
- Heuristics for Building Great Software by Gordon Bell
- When Science and Art Dance – Business Results
- Design Strategy
- Attenex Patterns History – The Critical First Year
- Communicating with Power and Presence
- Business 101 for Designers [Note this is not completed and needs to be rewritten in the context of product management]
- From Pages to Places: The Transformation of Presence [while not strictly product management, this post looks at the transition that the internet and technology will be going through during the next decade as we embrace XR (Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Mixed Reality …)
- Talent Development – one of the major roles of a product manager is to develop talent in every direction so that they can understand the vision of what you are trying to create